Application Process 2021
Covid 19 and 2021 Courses.
- In April Coláiste Árainn Mhóir offered a choice to those who were enrolled for 2020 to defer their course until 2021. A large number of students chose this option and our 4th and 5th year places on Cúrsa B are close to full capacity for both boys and girls. We have places for 4th and 5th year students on Cúrsa A. We have ample availability on both courses for pre junior cert students, boys and girls.
- If due to matters beyond our control 2021 courses are cancelled or numbers restricted, we will refund deposit and other fees paid less €20 administration fee. You will appreciate that Coláiste Árainn Mhóir is committed to ensuring the safety of all its students and staff and any further measures implemented will be in accordance with public health guidelines at that time.
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóir is committed to ensuring the safety of all its students and staff at all times, therefore Coláiste Árainn Mhóir reserves the right to alter, modify or cancel courses in the interests of health and safety of students, staff and island community.
- A final review/ decision on buses/travel will be made prior to course commencement in accordance with the most up to date information and guidelines.
Please read Terms and Conditions, College Rules and Code of Conduct carefully before completing and signing application form.
- Application Forms, College Rules and Terms and Conditions can be downloaded from the college website www.colaisteam.com
- Please read college rules with the student, before he/she signs the application form. These signatures are necessary to process the application.
- Email address for one parent is essential. Please complete application form ensuring that parent’s email address is clearly written. Incomplete and illegible forms may not be processed.
- Please ensure that number 15 is signed by parent/ guardian and student denoting acceptance of rules and terms and conditions.
- Please forward completed application form with a deposit of €200 to Coláiste Árainn Mhóir, 84 Ennafort Park, Raheny, BÁC 5, D05AV91.
We do not have an online booking facility.
- If application is being delivered by hand, please place in the box which will be situated in the porch.
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóir will contact you within 14 days of receipt of application forms. Please allow this time as we can receive a large volume of applications especially when registration opens. Submitting an application form does not guarantee a place on the course.
- Places are allocated on a first come basis for pre junior certificate students within the confines of ensuring a balanced spread of each year group, school and gender. In the case of pre leaving certificate students, preference will be given to those students who have attended our courses previously and are then allocated taking gender, school and year group balance into consideration.
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóir reserves the right to refuse admission to a student if there is reason to believe that he/she would not benefit from the course, or for reasons of health and safety.
Terms and Conditions
By signing and submitting an application form you are submitting to having read, understood and fully accepted all of Coláiste Árainn Mhóir’s terms and conditions, as listed thereafter.
- Although the terms and conditions at the time of booking apply when booking is made, our terms and conditions may be updated or amended from time to time. It is your responsibility to check whether the terms and conditions have changed.
- These provisions (terms, conditions, disclaimers and exclusions) shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland. If any of these provisions are deemed to be found unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then the provision or provisions so found shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Covid 19 Please be aware that our COVID 19 Response Plan will be subject to change before the commencement of our summer courses. At this time, it is expected that students will have to complete and return a COVID 19 Declaration Form prior to travelling to our college. Additional medical documentation may also be required.
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóir reserves the right to alter, modify or cancel courses due to COVID 19 at any time.
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóir reserves the right to deny registration to applicants who do not successfully comply with the requirements of the COVID 19 Response Plan.
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóir reserves the right to deny registration of applicants suffering from serious illness or underlying health conditions. This is in the best interest and safety of the applicant.
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóir reserves the right to deny registration based on national and local restrictions due to Covid 19.
- Where an individual application or a course is cancelled students will be issued with a full refund minus a registration fee of €20.
- In the event that course numbers are required to be reduced due to COVID 19, or for any other reason, Coláiste Árainn Mhóir will determine placements on a “last in first out” basis.
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóír reserves the right of attendance on our courses.
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóir does not take responsibility for errors made by persons filling in the course date on the application form.
- Receipt of completed application form with deposit does not guarantee a place on the course. If an applicant has been deemed eligible to attend Coláiste Árainn Mhóir and has been allocated a place, a receipt will be issued. Our response time may vary depending on the volume of applications to be processed. If a chosen course is full, Coláiste Árainn Mhóir will contact you to best advise you in relation to waiting lists, other available courses and refunds.
- When a course is full, a waiting list is opened in accordance with our admissions policy.Health:
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóir is committed to ensuring the safety of all its students and staff at all times, therefore Coláiste Árainn Mhóir reserves the right to cancel courses in the interests of health and safety of students, staff and island community.
- In accordance with HSE guidelines, in the event of your child displaying symptoms of a contagious illness e.g. mumps, viral infection, flu, meningitis, COVID 19 etc it will be necessary for you to take your child home to avoid the spread of the illness.
- Medical attention is available during courses. Coláiste Árainn Mhóir is not responsible for the cost of doctor’s visits, prescriptions or hospitalisation.
- All medicines and medical apparatus must be given to the college authorities/ Bean an tí as soon as the course begins. This includes both prescription and non-prescription medicine. The Bean an Tí will supervise and monitor the administration of all medicines. Parents must explain this requirement to the student. Coláiste Árainn Mhóir accepts no responsibility for medicines that are not handed to the Bean an Tí, and that they have not been made aware of. Exceptions to this can be granted by the course director in certain cases; i.e. inhalers…
- Dress Code:
In keeping with our child protection policy Coláiste Árainn Mhóir has introduced a simple dress code.
- Due to our diverse age group, the code requires that underclothes must be covered at all times.
- Students may wear beachwear only on the beach.
- Students must refrain from wearing potentially offensive logos on their clothing, jewellery etc.
Code of Conduct/Rules
- It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to ensure that their children be aware of the College Rules and Code of Conduct in Coláiste Árainn Mhóir. These can be found on the college website www.colaisteam.com in the Parents Area under Policies.
- No student may attend a course in Coláiste Árainn Mhóir until both he/she and his/her parents accept these rules and Code of Conduct, which is signified by their signatures on the application form. (15)