We would like to remind students of the following rules. It is important that they be adhered to, to ensure a safe and happy holiday.
- Coláiste Árainn Mhóir insists that the pupils speak Irish at all times during the course.
- No student may enter licensed premises, and at no time may a student consume, be in possession of, be associated with or show signs of having consumed alcohol.
- Students may not take, be in possession of, be associated with or show signs of having taken drugs or any other intoxicating substance.
- Serious company keeping is not allowed and it is left to the discretion of the principal to deal with this sensibly.
- No student is permitted to leave the Bean an Tí’s house between supper time and breakfast time the next morning.
- Students are forbidden to seek or accept lifts in cars.
- Students are forbidden to smoke.
- Under no circumstances may any pupil go swimming, fishing, to the seaside or elsewhere, except when supervised.
- Students are not allowed to leave the college during the course except when authorised by the Ardmhaistir.
- Use of mobile phones is restricted to calling parents or receiving calls from parents between 5.45pm and 6.00 p.m. Students are strictly forbidden to carry a phone at any other time.Phones are not allowed in the students’ bedrooms.
- All aerosol sprays are prohibited.
- Students should exercise caution when walking on public roads by walking on the right hand side in single file. Students should always be accompanied by at least one other student.
- Intimidation/bullying of any kind of fellow students shall be dealt with firmly.
- Students should be punctual for all meals and all college activities.
Failure to comply with these rules or any behaviour putting the student or others at risk will warrant immediate expulsion, and no reimbursement of fees is permitted.